This is a deep and complex topic that can be condensed into a few takeaway bullet points. Keep it super simple.
Foods For Flight:
- Carbs: Sweet Potato. Bake it the night before and wrap it in foil.
- Veggies: Pack a salad, or sliced carrots, celery, and peppers.
- Fats: Nuts.
- Protein: Sliced turkey or smoked fish, in a plastic bag. Powders packed as single servings, using plastic bags, w/dash of cinnamon to balance blood sugar.
- Meal Replacement: bars. Find one you like and stock up. Patagonia Fruit + Almond Bars.
- Fresh Pineapple, or Coconut Water. Helpful in avoiding headaches and indigestion.
- Lemon + Drinking Water. Helps avoid indigestion, bloating, and constipation.
- 8 oz Water. Drink a cup for every serving of tea, coffee, or alcohol consumed.
- Cucumber or Lemon + Water. Assists with electrolyte absorption.
- Small Snacks > Big Meals. This will help you adjust to the lack of physical activity, new time zone, and sleep deprivation.
- Lengthen the hamstrings. Engage the posterior chain muscles.
- Squat. Be mindful, down slow, pause, up controlled. 4 count down, 1 count pause, 2 count up. 3 sets of 10-20 reps.
- Push. Use a chair, wall, the floor, or any sturdy object to place your hands onto. Create tension throughout your body and squeeze up. 3 sets of 10-20 reps.